International Secondary School in Vienna
The AMADEUS Secondary School engages students ages 11-18 in a vibrant and inclusive learning community where international students feel connected and welcome. Our excellent, inquiry-based academic programmes create opportunities for learning, personal growth, and reflection in three International Baccalaureate academic sections:
- Middle Years Programme (Grades 6–10)
- Diploma Programme (Grades 11–12)
- Career-related Programme, Grades 10-12
Click on the three programmes to learn more about them.
Moreover, our Grade 10 functions as a pre-diploma preparatory year where we focus on preparing the students for the rigorous IB Programmes which follow. This is done by building their subject knowledge, learning confidence, attention to detail, and study skills.
Learn more about AMADEUS Vienna as a private high school for international students!
What makes our Secondary School unique?
- A unique focus on creativity and innovation provided through an integrated Music and the Arts Programme.
- A co-curricular Programme offering project-based learning and real-world experience.
- A strong Physical, Social and Health Education Programme focusing on student well being taught throughout the curriculum. This includes a robust physical education programme, outdoor activities, nutritious homemade food, a positive school climate, and an emphasis on social development and mental health.
- Superior boarding facilities providing students with the opportunity to live and learn in a multicultural environment in a top-ranking city renowned for its cultural and historical significance.
- A personal laptop/iPad programme empowering students to create, research, and communicate.
- Individual university and career counselling.
- Extended learning opportunities through extra-curricular activities including field and study trips, excursions, project weeks and concerts.
- An optional Mother Tongue Language Programme to encourage and support students and their families to maintain and improve their native language(s).