Co-curricular at AMADEUS means students are a part of a dynamic learning program that integrates the arts and emphasises process, play and a real-world product. It is a place where students and teacher are both learner and creator, building skills and involving themselves in new experiences.
Co-Curricular at AMADEUS allows for the expression of the intellect, imagination and emotion, it brings with it an understanding of continuity and change, demonstrating a unified approach to STEAM education centered on the ARTS.
We want to model through good planning, how students can develop their capacity to manage their own learning, work together with others outside their year level, and engage in activities that reflect the real world practice of performers, composers, authors, artists and scientists.
There are two available blocks of study.
Through each term (or module) students will have access to composers, a sound studio, dance hall, theatre and visual arts opportunities, engineering and coding programs. These are taught on a Wednesday and Friday, through pedagogically proven frameworks that aim towards publishable works and demonstrable skills.
We believe this programme will enhance the future learning options of our students.
|Co-Curricular Wednesday||Co Curricular Option 2|
|Music Production||Music Production|
|Coding & Engineering||Coding & Engineering|
|MYP Spanish||MYP Spanish|
Each Module has the potential to connect and create with one-another (Dance and Music Production, Photography and Scoring with Technology).
- Composition– this class is a course on composing for film. Starting with melodies and rhythm to creating haunting harmonies, students will engage with technology as well as traditional scoring methods.
- Music Production– an in-depth class that covers everything from operating a studio, providing live sound to events and recording audio for multiple sound-sources. Students will get to work with audio interfaces, microphones and Logic Pro.
- Dance– using the time across Wednesday and Friday students will engage in choreography to build technique, balance, co-ordination and strength. Dancers throughout the year will have performance opportunities to demonstrate their progress through different styles.
- Storytelling– covering many aspects of visual art (drawing, storyboarding, painting, sculpture, photography, film-making, book-making) combined with technology, students will create and plan works that communicate their imaginative ideas.
- Theatre– students in this course will engage with improvisation, production, confidence and group building activities. Emphasis will be placed on Musical Theatre and the wide-range of skills an entire production can involve.
- Vocal Ensemble– students in this class will extend their singing beyond their comfort zones with improvisation and the interpretation of different styles. Areas of practice will include intonation and pitch, rhythm and groove, sound and blend.
- Coding & Engineering– these two classes involve activities of computational thinking through various programming languages plus hands-on experiments including robots and other materials.
- MYP Spanish– this will be run as a complete MYP course. It covers all aspects of learning a language and will incorporate creative tasks to enhance comprehension and language use.
In the Primary School, students will have group lessons in all of the available options. These extra-classes are designed to build skills that will enhance every learning objective, alongside daily routines. Each option is scheduled at the same time each week in their year groups.
Educational research is now showing that students who are creative, who can move, sing and play an instrument, work more collaboratively and develop better in their studies. At AMADEUS we want the best for all students and these programmes are designed to fit with our educational philosophy as a school of Music and Arts in Vienna.
What will this look like?
AMAA is for students who have already been accepted into the academy as well as students advanced in an instrument. The decision for this opportunity will rest with the Head of Music and Arts Academy.
|Option 1||Option 2 – Dance||Option 3 – Ensembles|
|Early Years 3/1||MTA||Boys and Girls Ballet||Percussion/Drumming Ensemble|
|Grade 2/3||MTA||Ballet and Lyrical Dance||Keyboard Ensemble|
|Grade 4/5||MTA||Tap and Jazz Dance||Orff Perfoming & Technology|
We welcome the opportunity for prospective students and their families to visit AMADEUS Vienna and learn more about our unique programme and inspiring school environment. Contact our Admissions team to ask your questions or schedule a tour.