The AMADEUS boarding experience bridges the gap between the academic rigor of the school day and comfort of being at home. In collaboration with AMADEUS classroom teachers, the boarding team provide a balanced enrichment programme that caters for developmental needs of young people. Our focus is to facilitate growth of “Global Citizenship” within our students by providing opportunities to demonstrate positive decision-making, overcoming challenges and building a flourishing boarding community together.
As a boarding community, we are committed to the empowerment of student leadership and student-led initiatives and community projects. We have a robust student leadership and representative programme that enables our students to have a voice within the growth of the community.
AMADEUS Boarding Activities and Experiences
“We want our students to remember that they lived in Vienna, Austria, not just attended an international school”
The Boarding Opportunities Programme is delivered primarily over the weekends and offers students a selection of culture, arts, sports, adventure and life-experiences. The Opportunities Programme takes a seasonal approach with a selection of Activities and Experiences that take full advantage of the time of the year.
Term 1 – Autumn
- Schneeberg Mountain Hut Adventure
- Painting amongst the Vineyards
- Spanish Riding School Exclusive Tour
Term 2 -Winter
- AMADEUS SKi race Team
- A Night at the Ballet
- Prague Overnight Trip
Term 3 – Spring/Summer
- Danube Paddleboarding & Sailing Course
- Vienna Open Air Concert
Examples for spontaneous and student-driven activities:
- In-house recreation activities: reading, board and card games, table tennis, table soccer, darts, arts and crafts, music sessions
- Home entertainment: TV-shows, movies, play-station
- On campus sports: running, yoga, slack-line, bicycling, fitness and weights workouts