Please find the most Frequently Asked Questions about AVCA below.
AMADEUS Vienna Community Association
The AMADEUS Vienna Community Association (AVCA) is a registered entity governed by a set of regulating statutes that were legally formulated in compliance with Austrian law. AVCA’s primary objective is to contribute to building a stronger collective identity for each and every member of the AV Community, namely parents and staff members. Our aim is also to encourage and increase parents’ contributions to school activities, resulting in the enhancement of the school’s quality of life.
AVCA runs monthly meetings and collaborates with staff and students to organize various school events and activities throughout the school year. Moreover, they organize welcome receptions for parents as well as meet-ups, such as coffee mornings, and the AVCA class parent representatives actively seek ways to support the community culture and connection within their individual child’s classroom.
Furthermore, parent sponsorships and fundraising have a significant impact. From supporting the purchase of sports trophies and professional face painting for fun school activities to donating monies to the AVCA-sponsored library fundraiser, the AVCA Community is a place where together we shine.
As a great motivation and inspiration for the students, some AVCA members also offer field trips to their work places or to give workshops to improve our students’ learning.
What does AVCA mean?
AVCA stands for AMADEUS Vienna Community Association. We are a legally established not-for-profit entity under Austrian law.
Who are we?
We are parents, students, staff, school leadership team, teachers. Amazing people who change the world. A little bit. Every day. And having fun doing it. Entirely voluntary. We are led by an Executive Board that does not receive any monetary compensation from the Association or the school for the time spent managing AVCA.
What is AVCA’s goal and role?
We enhance our students’ educational experience and well-being at Amadeus. We are a positive example to our children, exhibiting leadership and showing that by working together we can maximize our experience in life while improving our Community.
- Keeping a constructive dialogue with the school
- Supporting and sponsoring school and student-led events
- Welcoming and supporting new families
- Supporting new ideas and projects that benefit our Community
What does AVCA do to enhance the educational experience for students, teachers, parents and staff?
For students, we
- sponsor the winner trophies for the AV Mile
- provide gifts to the graduates
- support the school’s Winter Wonderland event
- encourage parents to share their professions and hobbies with our teachers and students to allow for experiential learning
- raised over 12,500 Euros for library books in Spring 2020, which was euro-for-euro matched by the Board of Trustees and became 25.000 Euros!
- facilitate the Careers Immersion Programme which is a platform to provide real-life company experience to Grade 9 and 10 students in the form of on-site company visits and/or summer internships.
For teachers and staff, we
- host Appreciation Days offering a coffee truck and fresh breakfast pastries
- Serve as a resource for teachers who may need at any time a guest speaker for their class or any other expertise available in our parent community
For parents, we
- offer opportunities to connect through parent events, including coffee mornings, receptions, a wreath-decorating event, and Heuriger events
What is AVCA doing now?
Given Covid-19 related restrictions and circumstances, it is not possible for us to organize large school-wide events at this time, so we are working with primary class representatives to discuss and support efforts to hold smaller and safer class-only get-togethers and other initiatives with the goal of welcoming new and current families and strengthening the bonds within the class.
We are also working with the school to introduce secondary class representatives in the near future so that students and parents in Grades 6-12 are better supported by our Community!
All of these things are only possible with your contribution and membership, and we encourage everyone with a child at AMADEUS to join us and support these initiatives, because all students benefit from them.
Do I have to volunteer my time as a member?
No, members should volunteer time if they want to and only in ways that they enjoy! We insist that members have fun in anything they do with AVCA.
I have an idea and want to start a new project for the school. Will you support me if I join?
It is very possible – let us know what it is and we will first discuss it at the AVCA Board level and then can help assess whether it will be supported by our Community. If so, we can help to organize volunteers and support from the school. If you are a student and do not have any experience, we can help to find a coach or coordinator for you.
I would like to become an AVCA member. What should I do?
Note: Newly enrolled families are automatically members for the first year.
For parents who are not already members, it only requires three easy steps, and they can all be done from the School Reception. There are even envelopes and forms available there and a box to put in!
- Fill out the Membership Form (can be found on the Parent Resource Page)
- Send it to us by e-mail or leave it at reception
- Pay the €40 yearly membership fee (bank transfer or put the cash in an envelope and leave in the box at Reception)
I am a member. Will you solve all my problems?
Probably not, but we may be able to help connect you to the right people or tools, and in some cases, AVCA will help address concerns of a general nature by maintaining a proactive and constructive dialogue with the school’s leadership team. Another way to make the most of your membership is by taking an active part in our meetings; your membership gives you the right to vote.