* Study Hall is mandatory for all students; those in Grades 11 and 12 can, subject to success criteria being met and or exceeded, once a week, decide to take study hall later in the evening.
** These times are staggered for the different grade levels.
Student responsibilities and duties
- Kitchen Duty: Every student is assigned one kitchen duty per week. On this day they are responsible for assisting in preparing and cleaning the boarding kitchen for meals.
- Personal laundry: Students take care of washing, drying and ironing their personal laundry (all non-uniform items).
- House Representatives: In each boarding house students elect a House Representative (HR) and a Deputy House Representative. The HR is a member of the Secondary Student Council.
- Feedback committees: These groups are formed on an ad hoc basis to allow for student involvement in different areas such as food, activities, new student orientation etc.
- Student Mentoring: Older students mentor younger students within the boarding houses in formal and informal settings. Mentoring is conducted in academics, extra-curricular activities, house or school projects and behaviour.